Monday, October 16, 2006

sometimes religion doesn't make sense...

found out a few days ago that my coworker's religion requires her to fast for 'the health of her husband'. if she has sons, she has to fast a day for each son.

hmm. so do they fast for her? nope.

what if she has daughters? does she fast for them? nope. they don't get jack.

does any one else think this is unfair?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is 'unfair' from a Western perspective, but probably not from hers.

Free your mind...

October 17, 2006 3:19 PM  
Blogger ac said...

I agree. It doesn't make sens from our perspective, but I'm sure there are a lot of things we do in the name of religion that they probably do not understand either. To go one step further, I'm sure there are things that I do in the name of religion that don't make sense to you and vis versa. Religion really is a strange animal...I love talking about it.

October 17, 2006 4:19 PM  
Blogger nana said...

well :) the only reason why i felt comfortable about publicizing that opinion (considering sensitivity and all) was because she thought it was completely unfair.

October 17, 2006 4:28 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

simplyleo.blogspot.com or seattleleo.blogspot.com or alwaysleo.blogspot.com

They all goto the pwd screen.

email me or eric for the pwd.

alwaysleo at g mail

October 18, 2006 8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home